Introduction & Unboxing
Congratulations on your purchase of the your 4 Axis CNC Machine!
Featuring a combination of HIWIN Linear guides & Ball Screws for the X, Y & Z axis, and a Precision Gearbox for the A Axis, your machine offers flexural strength and rigidity unmatched in its category, while Hiwin Balls Screws give you repeat positioning accuracy of under 50 microns.
The 4th Axis utilizes a high precision Made in India WormGearbox, that gives you a guaranteed backlash of <5 / <10 Arc Minutes, depending on your model.
Our composite superstructure along with these high-precision parts ensures a chatter-free, highly damped and accurate positioning system.
Hybrid Stepper motors from Mechtex and resonance compensated stepper motor drivers from Tiny Controls give your machine a smooth drive system that pushes it to travel speeds of 6 Meters / minute.
The Teknomotor spindle is driven by a Delta VFD and can process a variety of materials depending on your model. You can refer to the specifications in the table below.
- CXC4 – Mighty XL Std – Link
- CXC4 – Mighty XL Pro – Link
- CXC4 – Majestic Std – Link
- CXC4 – Majestic Pro – Link
- CXC4 – Majestic XL Std – Link
- CXC4 – Majestic XL Pro – Link
- CXC4 – MEGA 53 Std – Link
- CXC4 – MEGA 53 Pro – Link
The high composite content in the frame ensures long mechanical accuracy due to better modulus of elasticity and loss co-efficient than materials used in other CNC’s in this class, allowing us to offer you unmatched warranty options
Your CXC4 CNC uses a Parallel Port Breakout Board controller that needs to connect to a PC with the same port. We use LinuxCNC with Probaisc Interface as the control software to give you an open source, cost-effective yet reliable option.
This CNC is proudly Made in India with over 75% local content, with the rest of the components sourced from quality-conscious OEM’s in Germany, Italy, Japan and Taiwan.
We at Akriti, hope you have a wonderful experience using your CXC4 CNC and encourage you to share your feedback and experiences.
Out of the Box
The CXC3 Mighty XL comes as a fully built unit requiring no assembly and is packed in a Wooden Box with the Control Board placed on the work area of the CNC Machine as shown in the below images.
The following steps should walk you through the initial unboxing.
- Unwrap the plastic and bubble wrap from the outside of the box.
- Cut the retainer straps from outside the wooden box.
- Unscrew the L Angles from the top & all sides of the box, removing all panels, one by one.
- Be careful of the L angles screwed to the base as they cannot be removed easily.
- Cut the retainer straps that hold the CNC base to the wooden box.
- Lift & Remove the machine from the base and place it on your work table
- CAUTION – Do not lift the machine with the ball screws, else they will bend impacting the accuracy of your machining.
- Cut the retainer straps that hold down the control board to the CNC work area & place it on one side according to your convenience.
And that’s it – Your machine is ready for initial setup and use.
Unboxing – Video Instructions (Generic)
* Instead of a USB cable you will connect a Parallel port cable provided with the machine.