Introduction & Unboxing
Congratulations on your purchase of the CXC3 Mighty XL !
Whether you are an engineering lab needing a quick prototype or a hobby enthusiast pursuing precision parts, the CXC3 Mighty XL, is the right CNC router for you.
Featuring a combination of HIWIN Linear guides & Ball Screws for the X, Y & Z axis, the Mighty XL offers flexural strength and rigidity unmatched in its category, while 16 mm Hiwin Balls Screws give you repeat positioning accuracy of under 50 microns.
Our composite superstructure along with these high precision parts, ensures a chatter-free, highly damped and accurate positioning system.
Hybrid Stepper motors from Mechtex and resonance compensated stepper motor drivers from Tiny Controls gives the Mighty XL a smooth drive system that pushes it to travel speeds of 5m / minute.
The 1 HP Teknomotor spindle is driven by a Delta VFD and can process stock varying from wood, MDF, acrylic composites and plastics.
The high composite content in the frame ensures long mechanical accuracy due to better modulus of elasticity and loss co-efficient than materials used in other CNC’s in this class, allowing us to offer you unmatched warranty options
The CXC3 Mighty XL uses an Arduino controller running GRBL, allowing a flexible open source and zero cost software options like UGS, bCNC etc..
The CXC3 Mighty XL is proudly Made in India with over 70% local content, with the rest of the components sourced from quality conscious OEM’s in Germany, Italy, Japan and Taiwan.
We at Akriti, hope you have a wonderful experience using the CXC3 – Mighty and encourage you to share your feedback and experiences.
Out of the Box
The CXC3 Mighty XL comes as a fully built unit requiring no assembly and is packed in a Wooden Box with the Control Board placed on the work area of the CNC Machine as shown in the below images.
The following steps should walk you through the initial unboxing.
- Unwrap the plastic and bubble wrap from the outside of the box.
- Cut the retainer straps from outside the wooden box.
- Unscrew the L Angles from the top & all sides of the box, removing all panels, one by one.
- Be careful of the L angles screwed to the base as they cannot be removed easily.
- Cut the retainer straps that hold the CNC base to the wooden box.
- Lift & Remove the machine from the base and place it on your work table
- CAUTION – Do not lift the machine with the ball screws, else they will bend impacting the accuracy of your machining.
- Cut the retainer straps that hold down the control board to the CNC work area & place it on one side according to your convenience.
And that’s it – Your machine is ready for initial setup and use.
Unboxing – Video Instructions (Generic)